25 Local Valentines Day Date & Gift Ideas...
Updated: Feb 5, 2020
Hello! The month of love is upon us all. After 5 years of January, we are ready to wear pink, eat chocolate and glitter everything. I will be setting up card glittering stations around my house-Levi is thrilled! To help inspire Valentines Day dates and gifts, I have compiled some fabulous OKC ideas. I hope you and your loved ones enjoy the holiday. Galentines Day has also become one of my favorite days to celebrate-lots of these ideas will work for friends, moms, daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends and spouses. Happy doting!--CG
1. Beautiful Blooms are so fresh and 2020, they are romantic and so special. Grab some for your girl, your mom and your little tiny girls.
2. Cuppies & Joe -our favorite cutie OKC coffee shop will have a wide array of specialty desserts for the occasion. Cup-pies (mini pies for 2), small cakes, macaroons, specialty lattes and cutie Valentines Decor-this is a must stop by for this lovey dovey day.
3. Ludivine Galentines Day Brunch-on Feb. 15th. $1 mimosas & 20% off. YUM!
5. Grab your girl an adorable journal and a few encouraging books. Michelle Obama's Becoming, Rachel Hollis' Girl Wash Your Face, Sophia Amoruso's Girl Boss.. just a few ideas.
6. Pop by Target and grab this pom pom throw blanket for snuggling! (order online for pickup) $10 and so soft. Get a blanket, a bottle of Cab Sav and rent The Notebook.
7. Splurge on a Barefoot Dreams Robe, I got one for Christmas and am still wearing it today. For me, this robe was entirely worth the splurge-I LOVE it! L.O.V.E. love it.
9. Take your guy for an REI shopping spree! Feb. 8th, they are having their garage sale event with tons of deals and steals. Grab a latte, become an COOP member and shop it up.
10. Book a mini family or couple photo session with an awesome local photographer. Sarah Myrick is amazing. This would be such a wonderful Valentines Day gift!
11. Have an amazing dinner at one of OKC's tastiest spots like an oldy but goodie Redrock Canyon Grill ($$ order a Margharita, two house salads and share the BBQ Pork Ribs & Wood-Fired Rotisserie Chicken), Osteria ($$$ heavenly Italian, HELLO Gnocchi), Mahogany Prime Steakhouse ($$$$ if you're feeling fancy!) Levi insists that Mahogany makes the best Old Fashioned in town. I insist their Lobster Cargo is the best thing I've ever eaten (Bit pricey so luckily it was delish!).
12. Hire someone to clean the ole casa. Message me if you need a recommendation here. But maybe give @yourhivehelper a call.
13. Book a day of beauty or relaxation for your loved one! Hello Love Salon & Spa will hook you up.
14. (This one is 4 ideas in 1, ha!) Order a specialized hair piece or piece of jewelry for your girl. Think maybe something beautiful and unique from Hair Candy by Han or maybe these gorgeous hoops from Kendra Scott or maybe let her pick out something herself. Take her for a treat at Green Goodies in Classen Curve then shop your brains out-I mean a Lululemon shopping spree is what dreams are made of.
16. If you are anything like Leslie Knope, a goal getter...you would like nothing more than a few sessions with a life coach or personal trainer. Checkout: Move by Madi, Align Performance or Scott Williams. Shoot me a message for more information on this one.
17. Take your girl or your friends to The Eleanor, It is THE cutest spot in OKC. End of Story. I want to move in. Adorable small bites and tasty cocktails. You need to drop in and take a selfie or 5. Cheers!
Oklahoma City Events
Take your sister, your mom, your girlfriends or your significant other to an awesome concert. Here is a list of some shows/events that caught my eye, grab some tickets and take someone you love. If can sing "Its All Coming Back To Me Now..." just like Celine or would rather tell someone you "think their tracker's sexy", there are some fabulous shows coming up! Plus I know for many of us, Valentines Day might get celebrated in April... I added all kinds of date options. Enjoy!
15. February 4-Toby Mac, CHK Arena
16. February 5-Celion Dion, BOK Center
17. February 7-Mat Kearney, The Tower Theatre
18. February 13-Grace Potter, The Jones Assembly
19. Febryary 13- Galentines Day at the Eleanor
20. February 14-15- Clauren Ridge Winery Sweetheart Dinner
21. February 14-Granger Smith, The Criterion
22. February 16- Disco Brunch, The Eleanor
23. February 22-Urban Okie Macrame Design Class
24. February 22-Romancing the ZOO, OKC Zoo
25. February 28-Jason Aldean, CHK Arena
26. March 6-Lauren Daigle, CHK Arena
27. April 17 - Trey Kennedy, The Tower Theatre
*we're now at 27 Ideas, ha! I'll certainly keep adding things as needed.
P.S, when you just have no idea how to show someone you love how you feel or you don't have the money for so many of these splurges...write them a card. Make them dinner. Do the dishes. Go for a walk. Life is short and love is all you need.